Tuesday, December 14, 2010

[r]evolution of a sun album cover mock-up



So I had some time on my hands and put together this for the upcoming [r]ev album, they're getting Con Cremin (amazing artist!) to do the actual cover, so really this was just an exercise for myself, the design for it was hanging around in my head for a while, so I said i'd get it out!

The lines represent solar / heat flares, they were created using the blend tool in Illustrator, very handy! Tutorial here, with really annoying ads that they make you sit through (grrr... I actually hate video tutorials, give me text anyday). The "Hell" text is hand drawn, based on patches the band used to have (recreated patch image below), and the "revolution of a sun" text is a free font ("existence") found on dafont.com,



Can't wait to see the actual album cover! Con's stuff is unreal.

No comments :